|Jul 09, 2016|
Loopback for NodeJS
Edit on year Jun 19, 2018
Currently favor Koa2 more
What is Loopback
In a nutshell, loopback is a NodeJS framework for building rest API server
Loopback for Full-Stack Web Development
- Frontend: Loopback has a first class support using AngularJS 1. It comes with
lb-ngtools which auto generate angular service which you might find it handy.
- Backend: Build in swagger support, switchable database at model level and easy-to-create script such as database migration.
Advantage Of Loopback
- Well Documented, including Android SDK, iOS SDK and Xamarin SDK.
- IBM and the StrongLoop team are committed to maintaining and improving the LoopBack open-source project
Disadvantage Of Loopback
- No first class support of promise yet - as in discussed in this thread
- Postgres datasource is still lack of some feature - might have to write raw query to get the job done.
- Rumor is Google is ditching Angular 1. Therefore there could be a hard time to upgrade to Angular 2 for Loopback.
Words of Thought
Recently I have been using Loopback a lot in my web project or as mobile application's backend server. Personally I think it is the best NodeJS framework among those I had tried - expressJS, sailsJS and meteorJs.
If you are choosing a NodeJS framework for your new project, you might as well give it a try!