|12 Mar, 2016|
AlphaGo Win Lee Sedol, New Milestone for AI
Quoting from wikipedia, as of 12 Mar 2016:
AlphaGo is a computer program developed by Google DeepMind in London to play the board game Go. In October 2015, it became the first computer Go program to beat a professional human Go player without handicaps on a full-sized 19×19 board. In March 2016, it beat Lee Sedol in the first three games in a five-game match, the first time a computer Go program has beaten a 9-dan professional without handicaps.
AlphaGo's algorithm uses a combination of machine learning and tree search techniques, combined with extensive training, both from human and computer play.
Why AlphaGo Wins Matter - Comparing to Watson
- Brute force + NLP + Advantages of without using hand to press button
- Does not actually represent what a human mind is doing
- Most probably require large amount of computer resources when operating
- Deep Learning + Monte-Carlo tree search + Use human hand to place stones on board and stop the timer
- Deep Learning is like human mind to do long short term memory + image recognition (which is quite important in Go)
- Monte-Carlo tree search is like human mind do some calculation after he/she thinks about a good spot
- It require more resources during training (for deep learning part), however the resource needed when match against human is significantly lower.
New Milestone For AI
The winning of AlphaGo is a new milestone for AI, and it also will brings new impact to our world.
- The business will accelerate the usage of AI applications and robotic.
- Amazed by AlphaGo, the people will easier accept that current AI starting to outperform them in many area.
I can see the coming of the second machine age and it will come lots sooner then we think, I will guess that it will be within this 5 year.